Our General Submissions are currently Closed!
If you're here to prepare, here are our submission guidelines:
To submit to Mirror World Publishing, please send the following:
- A query letter (clearly stating the genre, word count, and target audience of your manuscript)
- A one-page synopsis of the plot, including the ending
- The first three chapters or an equivalent sample (in the case of novellas and children's picture books), attached as a .doc or .docx file
- A sample of the art, if applicable
All submissions should be sent to:
Expect us to take up to six to eight weeks to respond. We promise to try our best to provide some feedback regardless of acceptance and we respond to all queries we receive.
Our submissions period annually is typically from November 1st until December 24th. Outside of this period, we accept submissions by personal invitation only.
In the meantime, we encourage you to improve your submission by watching the videos below or on our Youtube channel, reading our guidelines, or keeping up with our blog for helpful tips and tricks of the trade.
We're looking for Escapism Fiction...
Our goal is to provide readers with the ability to escape the mundane through wildly creative fiction. We're looking for books that act as gateways to other worlds, times, or versions of reality. We prefer strong story telling, engaging openings, and compelling character development as well as imaginative settings, vivid world building, and interesting themes. If your manuscript transports a reader somewhere else, tells an engaging story and then brings them back feeling like they have experienced something unique, then we want to publish your book!
As for genres, we consider primarily:
- Speculative Fiction
- Portal Fiction
- A blend of any two or more of the above genres
- Cross-genre, mixed genre, or things that don't fit genre norms
- Adult, New Adult, Young Adult, Middle Grade, or Children's (please specify your target market in your query letter)
As for types of manuscripts, we consider primarily:
- Novels (125,000 words maximum)
- Novellas (25,000 words minimum)
- Graphic Novels (art included)
- Children's Picture Books (art included)
- Role-playing System Guidebooks (art included)
We don't like to limit ourselves, so if you have something you think would fit with our current list of published works, please send it. We'd rather take a chance outside our comfort zones than miss something great.
That being said, here's a list of things we're NOT interested in:
- Memoirs or autobiographies
- Literary fiction
- Self-help or inspirational fiction
- Hard Sci-Fi or Military Sci-Fi
- Horror / Thriller / Suspense / True crime
- Christian or other religious fiction
- Contemporary fiction / Contemporary romance
- Poetry anthologies or short stories