Our General Submissions are CLOSED.
Please check back in the Fall of 2018.
To submit to Mirror World Publishing, please send the following:
- A query letter (stating the genre, word count, and target audience of your manuscript)
- A one-page synopsis of the plot
- The first three chapters
Expect us to take up to six to eight weeks to respond. We try our best to provide some feedback and we respond to all queries we receive. Our submissions period annually is typically from November 1st until the end of the year. Outside of this period, we accept submissions by personal invitation only.
We're looking for Escapism Fiction for any age group:
Our goal is to provide our readers with the ability to escape the mundane through wildly creative fiction. We're looking for books that act as gateways to other worlds, other times, or other concepts of reality. We prefer strong story telling and strong character development as well as imaginative settings and interesting themes. If your manuscript transports a reader somewhere else, tells an engaging story, and then brings them back feeling like they learned or experienced something unique, then we want to publish your book!
As for genres, we consider primarily:
- Speculative Fiction
- Portal Fiction
- A blend of any two or more of the above genres
- Cross-genre, mixed genre, or things that don't fit genre norms
- Outside the box thinking, imaginative and creative fiction
- Adult, New Adult, Young Adult, Middle Grade, or Children's
As for types of manuscripts, we consider primarily:
- Novels (130,000 words maximum)
- Novellas (25,000 words minimum)
- Collections of poetry or short stories with a cohesive theme or a continuous story arc
- Graphic Novels (art included)
- Children's books (art included)
- Colouring books (art included)
- Roleplaying System Guidebooks (art included)
We don't like to limit ourselves, so if you have something you think would fit with our current list of published works, please send it. We'd rather take a chance outside our comfort zones than miss something great.
That being said, here's a list of things we're NOT interested in:
- Memoirs or autobiographies
- Literary fiction
- Self-help or inspirational fiction
- Hard Sci-Fi or Military Sci-Fi
- Christian or other religious fiction
- Contemporary fiction
- Contemporary romance
- Anthologies or short stories
- Re-tellings of fairy tales or other classic stories